Hosted by Judi Fleming
You NEVER get a second chance to make a first impression. Make it count!!!
- Learn to project your voice
- Take a deep breath and project from your gut not your voice/throat.
- Make eye contact with your audience so that they feel included and engaged.
- Don't be shy! Put on your "public speaking" persona.
- Pitch (of your voice should be friendly and welcoming) Pause (count to 3 and think about what you want to say. Audience won't recognize pause) and Patience
- Body language -- always be approachable.
- An audience of one is still an audience.
- You have an audience all the time except when you're sleeping.
- Everyone is your audience -- passerby asking for directions to the restroom, clerk at the grocery store, kid's teachers, etc.