Monday, December 2, 2013
Pimp My Bio
So, I have decided to participate in #PitchWars this year. If you don't know what that is, hop on over to the wonderful Brenda Drake's Blog to find out.
I must confess, I'm a PitchWars virgin. I hope I'm good enough to get a call back ;-)
Now, in the spirit of keeping up -- actually, I'm just copying what everyone else is doing because I have no idea what I'm doing -- here is my bio for any potential mentors. Or anyone else who wants to know more about me.
1. I'm a stay-at-home mom to five kids (4 girls and 1 boy) who are all in school so I spend my days writing and talking to these guys.
2. I'm Kaptain Kara of #Darksideresearch on Twitter. What does this mean? I'm da bomb at posting pics of sexy, half naked men. Does this make me a perv? Probably. Do I care? Nope!
These are the kinds of things I like to post:
3. I have never been on a plane because I'm terrified of flying. But, I am going to RT2014, so I will have to conquer that fear come May. (I can't convince my travel buddy to drive from NY to NOLA. I've tried.)
4. I LOVE getting edits on my books. Seriously. I know a lot of author agonize over this, but I LOVE it. There is nothing like getting a fresh perspective on your book and your characters, and then being able to dive back into the world and make it better. Edits are good. While I'm at it, I need to give a shout out to two of the best editors in the entire world: Eden Plantz and Emily Ward!
5. I have writer's ADD. At this exact moment, I have 7 projects in the works. It's frustrating at times, but it's also nice because when I wake up in the morning I can work on whatever interests me that day.
6. I hate to exercise and play sports, but I'm super competitive. I like to win! And I never stop fighting until the very, bitter end.
7. I firmly believe in helping my fellow authors and will go out of my way to do so. All you ever have to do is ask :-) It's because of this desire to help others that I became a Senior Editor at Entranced Publishing. I adore my group of authors and they always make me smile.
8. I have two college degrees -- both in law. Weird, I know. I though I wanted to be a lawyer. Being a writer is SO much more fun.
9. I'm obsessed with The Vampire Diaries simply because of this man:
10. I'm super excited to be participating in #PitchWars. Even if I don't make it past sending my queries, it has been a fun experience and I've made some new friends along the way.