|Image Courtesy of: freedigitalphotos.net/satit_srihin|
Well, it's the start of another new year and I've been busy setting new goals for myself. But before I get to those, I want to take a moment to reflect on 2013 because it was a pretty awesome year for me!
In 2013 I...
- Wrote and published a total 5 books!
- Co-authored a collection of stories with 3 really awesome and talented ladies. (Love and Other Games is still only $0.99 so get your copy now!)
- Joined Twitter and actually learned how to use it quite effectively :-)
- Became an intern, Associate Editor, and then Senior Editor at Entranced Publishing
- Attended my first writers' conference
- Did my first face-to-face agent pitch and got a partial request from her
- Made some amazing friendships that I will cherish forever. Excuse me a moment while I mention a few of them by name because they just deserve it:
2. Ana Blaze
3. Aria Kane
4. Eden Plantz
5. ST Bende
6. Kat Daemon
7. Rachel Kall
8. Isabel Sterling
9. Nikki Lynn Vale
10. Rachell Nichole
- Started a local weekly writing & critiquing group
- Participated and won NaNoWriMo
- Became a Managing Editor at Anaiah Press
Now, on to what I hope to accomplish in 2014...
1. Blog on a more regular basis. I know, I know. I made this goal last year, too, and I kind of stuck to it. I definitely posted a lot this year, but it was a lot of guest posts, author interviews, blog tours, and such. What can I say? I'm a sucker for helping my fellow authors. This year though, I'm going to blog about writing related topics -- querying, editing, marketing etc.
2. Finish & publish a new YA novel. As of right now, the book is untitled, but it's about a high school senior who is telempathic -- a telepath with empathic capabilities. She's been having a lot of restlessness that she chalks up to spring fever, but when the new boy blows into town, her restlessness disappears. She soon learns that this boy is her guide, the person she's meant to be with, and the boy who will save her from using her gifts for evil.
3. Attend RT 2014 & meet Ryan Winfield. Anyone whose followed this blog knows that I'm a huge Ryan Winfield fan. I'm already registered for RT 2014, and then I found out he would be attending as well. Woo hoo! I can't wait to have him sign my third Park Service book :-) Then I'll have the entire trilogy signed by him!
4. Win NaNoWriMo for a second year! Last year was the first time I ever participated in NaNo -- thanks in large part to peer pressure from Isabel Sterling ;-) but it was such a rush! I absolutely loved it and can't wait to do it again.
5. Build my client list at Anaiah Press. I would love to sign and work closely with a minimum of 5 authors. A total of 9 or 10 would be awesome! Update: I've offered contracts to 2 authors that I'm dying to work with. So, I'm already well on my way to this goal. Stay tuned on Friday for a complete list of what I'm looking for.
What are your goals for 2014?
Feel free to share them in the comments :-)