As many of you know, I've taken a new position as Managing Editor of the Surge Imprint at Anaiah Press. I'm very excited about this new endeavor, and I'm even more excited to start building my client list. So, I thought I'd take a moment and detail exactly what I'm looking for in both an author and a book.
In an author, I'm looking for someone who is:
- fun, easy -going, has a good sense of humor, and is excited about the editing process
- willing to learn and work hard to make their book(s) the absolute best it can be
- able to meet deadlines and willing to openly communicate should issues arise
- keeps me turning the pages into the wee morning hours
- keeps me thinking about it long after "the end"
- puts me through a range of emotions. I'm a real sucker for a book and characters that can make me cry
- YA or NA with strong romantic elements. I prefer books where the romance is the primary focus.
- Contemporaries are my absolute favorite, but I do occasionally like a good dystopian or fantasy.
- I would love to see a YA romantic suspense.
- A cross between Nancy Drew and Sweet Valley High.
- Strong heroes and heroines.
- I prefer 3rd person POV that tells the story from both the male & female perspectives, but will consider 1st person POV stories.
- Excessive cursing
- Premarital sex or heavy making out
- Underage drinking and/or drug use
- Anything that promotes an anti-Christian message (This means no voodoo, witchcraft, or made-up religions)
- Unnecessary violence
For full Anaiah Press Submission Guidelines, go HERE!
If you have something that you think is a good fit for me, then I invite you to query me directly at:
karaleigh.miller (at) anaiahpress (dot) com
I look forward to reading your submissions!